CMMS BOYS’ SWIMMING INFORMATION
- All players will need a physical on file.
- All players must have the $25 participation fee turned in before the first practice.
- Boys’ swimming is a no-cut sport and is open to any 6th-8th grade boy.
- First practice will be Monday, January 22nd from 2:30 pm-3:30 pm. Please meet in the CMMS commons. The coach will escort the team to the JGHS pool. Practice will end at 3:30 pm.
CMMS GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL TRYOUT INFORMATION
- All players will need a physical on file before tryouts.
- All players must have the $25 participation fee turned in before tryouts. Those that do not make the team will be refunded their money.
- Girls’ volleyball tryouts are open to any 6th-8th grade girl who attends CMMS.
- All tryouts will be held at the CMMS gym. You must attend all tryout days listed unless communicated to the coaches.
CMMS GIRLS’ VOLLEYBALL TRYOUT DATES AND TIMES
- Monday, January 22nd – 2:45 pm-4:30 pm for 8th graders, 4:30-6:00 pm for 6th and 7th graders
- Tuesday, January 23rd – 2:45 pm-4:30 pm for 8th graders, 4:30-6:00 pm for 6th and 7th graders
- Wednesday, January 24th – 2:45 pm-4:30 pm for 8th graders, 4:30-6:00 pm for 6th and 7th graders
- Team selection will be made after the tryouts on Wednesday, January 24th.
EXPLANATION OF VOLLEYBALL TEAM SELECTION
- Four (4) teams will be selected regardless of grade level with around 10-12 players on each team.
- There will not be a specific 6th, 7th, or 8th grade teams.
- Two (2) Division 1 teams will be split into an “A” and a “B” team.
- Two (2) Division 2 teams will be split into equal skill level teams.
- Cuts may have to be made. Please have a discussion with your child about the potential of not making a team.
- For those who do not make a team, please contact the YMCA for their volleyball program. Bangor Township Schools’ students will receive a discounted rate for the YMCA volleyball program.